How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs
Call it a myth or sorcery, how to make hard boiled eggs is a hard slog to carry. Simple, plain, easy effortless and all such words are given to a task like how to make hard boiled eggs, but all antonyms show up when you get yourself busy in this task. Simple way is to boil an egg in a pan, however, if you do not want to do it, you can boil the egg in a microwave or in an oven as well. The process, nevertheless, is quite similar.
Remember that if you are using fresh eggs, peeling them off would turn out to be a difficult task. On the contrary, if you use a week old eggs then peeling would be easier. Hence, for hard boiled eggs always prefer a week old eggs. Steam the eggs for 20 minutes if you have just bought the fresh eggs. Steaming fresh eggs makes peeling easier.
- 4 eggs
Method: How to make hard boiled eggs
- Use a heavy-bottomed saucepan filled with cold water. Use ice flakes to chill the water.
- Place the eggs gently in the saucepan. Make sure no egg is cracked when you placed the eggs.
- Water must be an inch above the tops of the eggs. In other words, eggs must be covered with water an inch above them.
- Add a pinch of salt in the pan.
- Accidently if you crack an egg while placing them in the pan, use vinegar. It helps the egg to coagulate. If you do not want to use vinegar, use salt.
- Place the pan on the stove.
- Put the lid on.
- Use medium flame to heat. In cases when boiling is extensive, eggs tend to break inside the pan. You can slow down the heat when boiling is extensive.
- When water starts boiling take the pan off the flame.
- Keep the eggs in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel them and enjoy.
How to make hard boiled eggs is now made easy. In order to check if the eggs are hard boiled or not, roll them on the table. If they roll down on table fast, they are hard boiled; if they roll down the table slowly, they are soft boiled eggs. You can refrigerate hard boiled eggs for 4 to 5 days.